Thread: New RTV 400

New RTV 400

I just picked up my RTV 400 today. I havn't had much time to use it, but I did manage to put about an hour on it. Being that this is my first side by side, I have a couple questions that I was hoping to get answered.

1) On acceleration for the first 50 feet or so it feels like the back tires are out of balance and then it smooths out. Is this common, or is it something with the belt drives?

2) Also the service manual suggests that oil and trans fluid be changed after first 50 hrs, is that the norm, I know it is with the oil but I don't recall changing the tranny fluid on the first 50.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    I just picked up my RTV 400 today. I havn't had much time to use it, but I did manage to put about an hour on it. Being that this is my first side by side, I have a couple questions that I was hoping to get answered.

1) On acceleration for the first 50 feet or so it feels like the back tires are out of balance and then it smooths out. Is this common, or is it something with the belt drives?

2) Also the service manual suggests that oil and trans fluid be changed after first 50 hrs, is that the norm, I know it is with the oil but I don't recall changing the tranny fluid on the first 50.
    Welcome to the forum Woody! You are our 3rd member on a brand new forum dedicated to Kubotas RTVs. Please be patient as we are on the ground floor. Although we are new the website we get a lots of traffic so I know that tons of people are peepers!

Congrats on the 400. If ya got pics please post em, we love pics.

I can't help you out with the second question but if my sxs sits to long like a month or so over winter I get a flat spots on the tires and it takes about 15mins of riding to iron them out. Also if one tires air preassure is low I get a bucking feeling. Hope this give you a lead in your investigation.

If anyone can help Woody out please join on up and enjoy yourselfs on the site.

woody, i also had the bouncing problem. it turned out that my front tires were toed in two inches and it made the back tires bounce because it was pushing so hard against the front. good luck

well iam new to this whole forum I hope you can view my pic just wanted to see what everyone thinks of my rev 400